CLEAR BRA, SPARKLING, FLAWLESS VEHICLE PROTECTION
CLEAR BRA INVISIBLE VEHICLE PAINT PROTECTION IN VANCOUVER RICHMOND BURNABY SURREY LOWER MAINLAND, BC
BOOK A FREE CLEAR BRA ASSESSMENT & ESTIMATE
Cars probably the second most expensive purchase people make after buying a property. However, cars depreciate quickly in value after purchase. To prevent this from happening, it is imperative to maintain vehicles properly. This includes professionally protecting vehicle paintwork. ClearBra does this by adding a premium, high performance, 180 microns poly-urethane clear film to car bodywork.
WHAT IS CLEARBRA?
As new cars roll off production lines, a transparent layer of paint protection (clear coat) is applied by vehicle manufacturers. However, over buffing by car dealerships can compromise clear coats. Clear coat thicknesses can also measure just 1.5 millimeters.
To improve car paint protection post purchase, ClearBra complements clear coats with superior strength, 180 microns poly-urethane protective films. After installation, ClearBra sheeting eliminates risks associated with premature vehicle rusting, and everyday paintwork wear and tear.
The preferred choice among car detailers, ClearBra protects, restores, and adds a finish to car paintwork which adds years to vehicle lifetimes.
BUG & BIRD DROPPING RESISTANCE
Bird droppings and bug splats don’t just look unsightly. Over time, acidic components in stains can dull and even destroy car paintwork. ClearBra, therefore, provides a protective poly-urethane shield which makes this impossible.
LOOSE GRAVEL & ROAD DEBRIS
Winter road salt and loose asphalt can chip car paintwork and expedite corrosion of car bodywork. This is especially true when vehicles are driven off-road or on unsealed roads. Thankfully, the superior thickness of ClearBra protective film can adequately protect against all common chips and scratches.
WEATHER & POLLUTION
Cold winter weather can cause car bodywork to expand and contract slightly. Air pollutants like car exhaust can also cause unprotected car paint to dull, stain, and blister. Thankfully, ClearBra guards against all pollutants and weather extremes, by sealing paint under a flexible, protective layer of transparent film.
In the car graphics below, the areas in red indicate coverage area, not colour. Paint protection film comes is transparent and can have either a gloss or matte finish.
DOOR SILLS (PAIR)
Our detailing clients frequently ask us whether we can apply ceramic coating over clear bra. The answer is “Yes”. Our Vancouver paint protection film specialists have extensive experience working with clear bra PPF and ceramic coating applications.
By combining coating and PPF, you up the paint protection and “Wow!” factors quite dramatically. You may be wondering why the application isn’t done the other way around (clear bra over ceramic coating). If clear bra is placed on top of ceramic coating, you won’t get the hydrophobic properties of the coating and drastically diminish its reflective properties. There is also a concern that the clear bra adhesive won’t properly adhere to the super slick surface of the ceramic coating. By applying ceramic coating on top of clear bra, the effectiveness of both products remains fully intact.
While there is some crossover in the paint protection you get from clear bra and ceramic coating, they do have different qualities.
Both ceramic coating and clear bra products prevent chemical staining, acid etching, hard water spots, swirl marks and spider webbing (fine radial scratches from washing, hand drying or buffing), oxidation and fading.
Clear bra also prevents paint chips, resists scratches, and is self-healing.
Ceramic coating has superior hydrophobic properties and leaves a mirror-like ultra-gloss finish that cannot be achieved with clear bra alone. Ceramic coating does not prevent rock chips as some sellers claim.
The following are the main reasons you may want to apply ceramic coating over paint protection film:
- You want to double the protection from everyday contaminants, swirl marks and oxidation, rock chip protection from clear bra, and, the hydrophobic properties and gleaming finish of ceramic coating.
- You already have clear bra installed on your car but want to increase the hydrophobic properties and glossiness.
- You have partial clear bra (front only for instance) and don’t want to PPF your entire vehicle. You can add ceramic coating over top, which will increase the protection of the front end, while providing excellent protection for the rest of the car. The entire vehicle will be hydrophobic and extremely glossy.
For vehicles that have no PPF film or coating:
- Decontaminate all painted surfaces.
- Hand wash and allow to dry.
- 1 or 2 cuts of compound depending on the extent and depth of surface damage and the thickness of the existing factory coating.
- Clean and dry the surface ensuring it is free of debris and dust.
- Apply clear bra and allow to set for 48 hours.
- Wipe down the clear bra of any dust.
- Apply ceramic coating and allow to cure for 2 weeks before washing.
For vehicles that already have full or partial PPF:
- Hand wash and dry the vehicle finish.
- Decontaminate the unprotected surfaces.
- 1 or 2 cuts of compound for the unprotected surface as required.
- Reclean and dry the surface ensuring it is free of debris and dust.
- Apply ceramic coating over the entire vehicle, including the clear bra.
- Allow the ceramic coating to cure for 2 weeks before washing.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE
After you submit the form, a representative will call you back with the information you’ll need to make an appointment.